E insists that our dog’s name is “Tugg” but I always spell it Tug. His full name is Tug Boat so why the double G? ?? 😀

So… the other day Tug/Tugger/Tugonaut got into more trouble. He is fine, but this is a gross story – don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Last week, I let him out into the backyard and returned to my writing cave to pound out some more words a la Schroeder-on-his-piano when I hear someone banging on my back sliding glass door. It’s my neighbor, who is somewhat alarmed because Tug(g) had escaped our yard, wandered over to hers, and then promptly scarfed down a HUMONGOUS mushroom before she caught him and brought him back. I thanked her, let him in, and checked him out. He seemed fine – just thirsty. Really thirsty.

A few hours later though… MASSIVE DOG SLOBBER!!!!! As in, you have never seen so much drool!!! As in, a dog-faced, constantly-running-faucet amount of drool.

Luckily, you will be spared a picture because I didn’t take any. But let’s just say that our kitchen floor was mopped every 3-4 hours while Tug(grrr) was working through his ‘shroom poisoning. He became disoriented for a few hours and we called the vet, who assured us he would be fine. Craig loaded up his bowl with ice and, by nightfall, he was.

Do you think Tug learned his lesson?

Do you think his afternoon of dog drool and disorientation convinced him not to eat strange vegetables from places beyond his food bowl?

No, of course not. Why? Because he’s a dog and… well, dogs, ya know?

Earlier this week, I caught him eating one of my Jack-Be-Little pumpkins, which he’d snatched off of my kitchen table! Gah!!!!!

At least he wasn’t poisoned by the Jack-Be-Little…

Photo credits: E, E, & E

How are you? How are your pets? Are you/they getting ready for Halloween?